Subject: [amos-list] Clarification, Amiga & Y2K
From: Rod Whiteley <[email-masked]>
To: AMOS Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 07:15:11 +1000

From: Rod Whiteley <[email-masked]>

G'Day all,
sorry to bring this up again, but a couple of responses seemed to suggest that
the Amiga has no Y2K type problem, whilst this is almost correct (since it
uses the Unix style days since a given epoch date method, rather than the
standard DDMMYY) the devil is in the detail. The worry for me as I said is
that the battery backed up clocks (3rd party ones that is) for the A1200 DO
use the dreaded DDMMYY notion. There are some other Y2K type issues depending
on your machine and OS, but they are rather more complex. It's probably
worthwhile looking at the Y2K paper that Oliver Wagner wrote, you can find it
at www.amiga.com
Oh, and btw, I do need to have accurate date and time every day, I use my
amiga here at work for all our accounting/billing procedures (a proggy I
wrote in AmosPro), and it would be a pain in the arse to have to re-enter
date and time every time I start up. Unfortunately, it's sounding like that's
what I'll have to do
Cheers,
Rod
-- 
Mitchell & Whiteley Physiotherapy.

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

Congrats to GROW TO GIVE winners, ZENtertainment & ROTInews!
http://www.onelist.com
Check out ONElist�s new program, FRIENDS & FAMILY.  See homepage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html